16 February, 2015

Happy 50th Birthday to The Maple Leaf


It was Flag Day here in Canada the other day. And this year The Maple Leaf turned 50. Because we are Canadian the celebrations were somewhat subdued. Some people, however, really got caught up in it.

A few months back I had the pleasure of an email conversation with a quilter in Ontario. She was planning on a big celebration and wanted to include my Oh Canada quilt as part of it. And what an awesome job she did! Check out this clip on The National. (That's the nightly, national broadcast on the CBC for my international readers.)

It got me all excited that I decided to celebrate as well. So from now until the end of the month the Oh Canada pattern is on sale in my Etsy shop. $1 off for the PDF version and free shipping on the print version.

#Flag50

6 comments:

Brenda said...

I saw that quilt on The National and knew it was your quilt! I didn't hear a credit for your design -- was there one?

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Thanks for sharing this! I love the ladies and their quilt in the video! Happy Flag Day!

Brenda said...

OH!! I guess I should have waited to get the patten!!! ;-)
Kidding!! I loved this pattern and am collection my fabrics to create one right now!!! I want a red and white one, for the first one, and I want the fabrics to be a variety so we see that, just like people, no matter who you are are your colour, we can all get along and play together!!!

Thank-you so much for this pattern and I am so glad it was see on the news for the whole world, or at least a good part of it - to see!!!!

((hugs))

Becky said...

I saw your quilt on The National and recognized it immediately! Those ladies were adorable, and the quilt looked great. Congrats on the national exposure!

Pauline said...

I saw your quilt, too, and was waiting for them to give you credit to confirm it was yours. It looked gorgeous!

Andrea said...

stunning quilt - one of my favourites!